Mr Kin Bun Chan, as a theatre administrator, has started to lead the team of Hong Kong Repertory Theatre for more than 17 years. He witnessed the changes and development in the company. Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association was very honoured to invite Executive Director of Hong Kong Repertory Theatre, Mr Kin Bun Chan MH, as the guest speaker for the “Meet the Arts Leaders” Series.
Event divided into three parts. Firstly, Chan shared with us about his connection to Hong Kong Repertory Theatre since the 1980s. He talked about his touring experience in Mainland China as the following part, especially the insights in the Greater Bay Area. At last, he made an overview of the current local arts development and its challenges. He hoped that there would be more opportunities that could be captured in the future.
In response to the 40th Anniversary of Hong Kong Repertory Theatre, Chan also brought over his new book 40 Dialogues on Hong Kong Repertory Theatre’s Development 1977-2017. Chan wishes to share his experience with the stakeholders and younger generations which could be an inspiration to more local arts administrators.
Photo captions: (from the left to the right and the top to the bottom)
1. Mr Kin Bun Chan shared with the participants about his connection to Hong Kong Repertory Theatre.
2. A group photo of the Association board members and the speaker. (From left: Mrs Vennie Ho (Honorary Secretary), Senior Director of Administration & Finance, The Hong Kong Philharmonic Society Ltd; Dr Tsui Tak Wai, David, Executive Director, Hong Kong Dance Company; Mr TAM Siu Man, Paul (Chairman), Executive Director, Hong Kong Ballet; Mr Kin Bun Chan, Executive Director, Hong Kong Repertory Theatre; Ms Ribble Chung, Head of The Office of the Arts Administrator and the manager, the Sir Run Run Shaw Hall of The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
3. We received a positive feedback with full of house in this event.
4. Mr Kin Bun Chan responded to the participants' questions. (From left: Mr Kin Bun Chan, Executive Director, Hong Kong Repertory Theatre and Dr Tsui Tak Wai, David, Executive Director, Hong Kong Dance Company)
5. The 40 Dialogues on Hong Kong Repertory Theatre’s Development 1977-2017 book
6. Mr Kin Bun Chan signed the book for the participants.
Photo credit: Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association