- Development of research, design and culture of the Greater Bay Area internationally
- To provide funding support for the introduction of vibrant projects and events to the Greater Bay Area.
- Funding for initiatives involving non-profit organisations, designers, curators and cultural practitioners.
DESIGN TRUST FEATURE GRANTS foster cross-disciplinary projects focusing on the Greater Bay Area. Projects awarded have a wide reaching audience and maybe sited in an exhibition or biennale venue with international recognition and standing. This Feature grant supports international exchanges between a HK/China based collective with an international renowned cultural institution. The grant aims to excel, share and build new knowledge and unique positions on the value of design.
DESIGN TRUST SEED GRANTS foster a culture of experimentation, testing and sharing. This grant is awarded to individuals seeking to kick start a meaningful and intellectual project with social, educational, economical or environmental impact for communities. Seed Grants may also be awarded for applicants who have a project in the pipeline that needs additional resources to complete the project. To further continue the mission of supporting emerging designers, and young scholars, Design Trust highly encourages applicants from Hong Kong and the region to apply for this grant to support projects showcasing work at international exhibition venues, attendance at an international symposium conference for a paper presentation or international biennales or design festivals to showcase prototypes, conference paper or works relevant to architecture, graphic, industrial or emerging design fields.
- Design Trust Seed Grants are awarded HKD 50,000.
- Annually, selected Feature Grants are awarded and capped at HKD 300,000. This is available upon special consideration.
- Design Trust may provide full or partial funding on a case-by-case basis.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Submission deadlines are on the 20th of January, 20th of April, 20th of July and 20th of October.