Xiqu Centre Guided Tour
Did you know that Cantonese opera performers always greet each other with “Good morning” no matter what time of day they meet? Or that in traditional tea houses balcony seats cost more than those closer to the stage? To find out why, join our Xiqu Centre Guided Tour and learn about our new venue and the rich history of the art of xiqu. The 60-minute tour, conducted in Cantonese, help you explore the Xiqu Centre facilities, learn about the architectural and design features, and discover fascinating facts about the culture and stories behind the art of xiqu. Tour is supplemented with multimedia elements and are perfect for art enthusiasts of all backgrounds.
Date: 23 February 2019 (Sat)
Time: 10:00 – 11:30
Meeting time and point: 09:45 | Xiqu Centre information desk (88 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon)
Language: Cantonese (No SI Service)
Guest Speaker: Ms. Lisa Tsang – Head, Venue Operations (Performing Arts), West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
Quota: 40 (Tour are suitable for ages 6 and above)
Fee: Free of charge
The event takes 90 minutes.
10:00 – 11:00：Xiqu Centre Guided Tour
11:00 – 11:30：Dialogue with Ms Lisa Tsang
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- West Kowloon Cultural District Authority is the co-organizer of the event.
- Approximately 5 minutes from Austin MTR Station (Exit F) via pedestrian underpass.
- Approximately 15 minutes from Jordan MTR Station (Exit C2).
- Approximately 2 minutes from Express Rail Link Hong Kong West Kowloon Station (Exit G).
Enquiry：Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
Tel: (852) 3791 2590｜Email: email@example.com