The British Council and the Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association co-present the sharing session “Breaking Boundaries in Arts – Inspiration from the Unlimited Festival in the UK”.
Unlimited began as an innovative programme embedded in the UK’s Cultural Olympiad in 2012, returning to the Southbank of London from the 2nd to 7th September of this year. The Festival marked the most anticipated week of the month which celebrated the artistic vision and originality of disabled artists. From intimate one-on-one settings to indoor and outdoor performances that engaged mass audiences, the disabled artists shared their journeys through theatre, dance, music, literate, films and visual arts beyond imagination!
The British Council has invited Ms Ida Lam, Chairperson of the Arts with the Disabled Association Hong Kong and Ms Grace Cheng, Director of Art in Hospital to the Festival this year. During this event, they will talk about their unique and enriching experiences from taking part in the Festival, as well as the opportunities for developing inclusive arts in Hong Kong.
Date: 22 Sep 2014 (Mon)
Time: 7:00p.m. - 8:30p.m.
Venue: 3/F, British Council (3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty)
Language: Cantonese - Hong Kong Sign Language can be provided, where required
Fee: Complimentary (Seats are limited. Please register now! Online registration Please click .)
Please fill the Application Form for special arrangement due to physical condition. And fax to 3104 0090.
Co-presenters: British Council Hong Kong & Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
1. To avoid disappointment, please act now as applications are on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. You will receive confirmation notice from us before the event. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified around the same time. In case of doubt, please make enquiry at 2877 7268.
3. If you are unable to attend the enrolled programme, you may nominate a substitute to take your place.
4. All scheduled events will be cancelled in the event of typhoon signal no.8 or above / the Black Rainstorm warning is hoisted.
5. The Association reserves the right to change the venue, date or speaker of the event due to unforeseen circumstances.
6. This event will be recorded by Photos and Videos. For more details, please refer to the Data Protection Act 1998 Notice.
7. The information collected will be used to contact you about the British Council events and for internal monitoring of customer data. We respect your privacy and will not share information you give us about yourself with other organisations. Please refer to our privacy statement.
Top left - Jo Bannon, Exposure. Photo: © Manuel Vason
Top right - Fittings Multimedia Arts, Edmund the Learned Pig. Photo: © Joel Fildes
Bottom left - Michelle Ryan, Intimacy. Photo: © Fiona Cullen
Bottom right - Stopgap Dance Company, The Awakening. Photo: © Chris Parkes