Co-presented by: Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association (HKAAA) and Advanced Cultural Leadership Programme, The University of Hong Kong (HKU ACLP)
4-5/6/2014 (Wed - Thur)
Rayson Huang Theatre, The University of Hong Kong
*Seats are very limited this year. Please act now!
*Transport Arrangements: For easy access to Summit venue, HKAAA has arranged a pick-up service from Central General Post Office to HKU Rayson Huang Theatre. Kindly refer to the details as follow:
Date: 4 June 2014
Departure Time: 9:00a.m.
Date: 5 June 2014
Departure Time: 8:45a.m.
Please be punctual as the shuttle bus will depart on time. If there are not enough seats, please take Citybus No. 7 at Exchange Square Bus Terminus to HKU.
**Reminder: Summit participants must hold a valid entry pass issued by HKAAA. Limited tickets may be available for sale at the door. Please prepare exact cash for payment. The Summit reserves the right to refuse admission to the venue. Thank you for your cooperation.
***Media Coverage: The Summit reserves a limited number of press pass for those interested to cover the Summit. Please contact the HKAAA by 3 June for further arrangements (tel. 2877 7268).
Hong Kong has been viewed as an international financial centre for years. Its creative industry and local cultural ‘soft power’, however, seems to have been underrated.
Today, the presentation of a city’s cultural profile has become a key strategy in demonstrating its vibrancy and quality of life. Hong Kong has rich heritage resources, world-class performing arts groups, internationally acclaimed filmmakers, writers, visual artists and designers: how can we tell the world about this aspect of our city?
The 2014 Cultural Leadership Summit - Branding Hong Kong Through the Arts, co-organised by HKAAA and HKU ACLP, focuses on this question. We have invited more than 40 of the best minds from Hong Kong and overseas in the arts and creative industry to join us in discussion on issues such as the involvement the cultural sector in city branding, the branding of Hong Kong through cooperation with other countries, the significance of cultural diplomacy in promoting a city to the world, and the roles and identities of branding partners.
We look forward to your participation to explore ways forward and to discover new opportunities.
Please download the 2014 Cultural Leadership Summit House Programme here:
- Mr Simon BIRCH, Artist
- Mr CHAN Chu Hei, Founder, Hong Kong People’s Fringe Festival
- Ms Winona CHAN, General Manager, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
- Mr CHANG Tieh-chih, Vice-Chairman of the Executive Council, Renaissance Foundation / Chief Editor and Co-publisher of City Magazine
- Mr Adrian CHENG, Chairman, K11 Art Foundation
- Ms Grace CHENG, Director, Community Arts Network
- Prof Daniel CHUA, Director, Advanced Cultural Leadership Programme (ACLP), The University of Hong Kong / Professor of Music, The University of Hong Kong
- Mr Mikael FOCK, CEO and Creative Director at The Culture Yard, Elsinore, Denmark / Member, Royal Danish Arts Council, Denmark / Producer of the yearly CLICK New Media Art Festival at the Culture Yard
- Mr Vincent FUNG, Former Board Member, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
- Mr Carrillo GANTNER AO, Chairman of the Sidney Myer Fund / Former President of the Melbourne Festival, Former Cultural Counsellor at the Australian Embassy in Beijing, Former Chairman of the Asialink Centre, Former President of the Victorian Arts Centre Trust and Former Chairman of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- Mr Roger GARCIA, Executive Director, Hong Kong International Film Festival
- Mr Julien-Loïc GARIN, CEO, Le French May
- Ms HE Meijing, Head of Arts and Creative Industries, British Council Hong Kong
- Ms Tisa HO, Executive Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival / Vice-Chairman, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
- Mrs Vennie HO, Senior Director of Administration & Finance, The Hong Kong Philharmonic Society Ltd. / Honorary Secretary, Board of Governors, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
- Mr Kingsley JAYASEKERA, Director of Communications and Marketing, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority; Former Director, Communications and Digital Strategy, Sadler’s Wells, London
- Dr KAN Tai Keung, SBS, BBS, Designer / Artist
- Mr Joey LEUNG, Founder, Windmill Grass Theatre
- Ms Lucy LU, Director, Kwang Hwa Information & Culture Center, Taiwan
- Prof LUI Tai Lok, Professor and Head, Department of Sociology, The University of Hong Kong
- Ms Angela MACKAY, Managing Director of the Financial Times and Publisher, Professional Education in Asia Pacific
- Mr Michael MACLEOD, Chief Executive, The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra
- Mr Fredric MAO Chun-fai, BBS, Convener of the HK-Taiwan Cultural Co-operation Committee / Founder and Director of Performing Arts Asia
- Ms Shona MCCARTHY, Director of Shona McCarthy Consulting / Former CEO of Culture Company 2013 / Former Director of the British Council in Northern Ireland
- Dr Patrick MOK, Board Member, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
Mr Robert NESS, Director, British Council Hong Kong
- Mr Magnus RENFREW, Director Asia and Executive Committee member, Art Basel
Mr Paul TAM, Executive Director, Hong Kong Ballet / Chairman, Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
- Mr TANG Shu-wing, Founder and Artistic Director, Tang Shu-wing Theatre Studio
- Dr K K TSE, Founding Chair of Hong Kong Social Entrepreneurship Forum and, Founding Chair & Chief Education Officer of Education for Good CIC Ltd, Co-founder of Dialogue in the Dark in Hong Kong and China
- Dr David TSUI, Executive Director, Hong Kong Dance Company
- Ms Fiona WAT, Founder, Dialogue Experience Silence
- Ms WEI Zhi, Chairman, Shanghai Performance Trade Association / Former Vice President of the Shanghai International Arts Festival
- Ms Ada WONG, JP, Founder and Chief Executive, Hong Kong Institute of Contemporary Culture
- Ms WONG Ching, Chief Editor, Fleurs des Lettres
- Mr KaJeng WONG, Artistic Director, Music Lab / Pianist
- Dr Kacey WONG, Visual Artist / Assistant Professor, School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Ms YEH Wenwen, Executive Director, Cloud Gate Dance Foundation
- Ms Marisa YIU, Architect / Founding Partner of ESKYIU
- Ms Flora YU, Development Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival
- Mr Louis YU, Executive Director, Performing Arts of West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
- Ms Rebecca YUNG, Vice-chairperson, Education for Good CIC Ltd
Planning your visit, please see more travel information in about Hong Kong.
Limited quota available! Registration will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Act Now!
a. Mailing the cheque to: Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Room 1206, 12/F, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong; OR
b. Online payment.
*For those who are interested, you can enjoy a special discount with our accommodation partner of the summit, Lan Kwai Fong Hotel @ Kau U Fong. For details, please download the reservation form.
Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
｜Tel: (852) 2877 7268｜Email: firstname.lastname@example.org