Co-presented by the Hong Kong Dance Alliance and the Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association
Creating a high-quality dance production requires artistic vision in combination with excellent management skills. Overseeing a production can be challenging for dance artists with no administration background or training. “Close the Loop Arts Administration Mentorship” is designed to provide mentorship to dance artists by offering assistance in making the most out of production resources and achieve the highest level of artistic excellence possible.
What you will learn
Guidance and problem solving techniques from a well-established arts administration mentor, on a one-on-one basis. Mentorship covers the following areas related to a project with approved grant：
- budget management
- legal and contractual requirements
- team set up
- timeline management
- programme positioning, marketing and publicity
- sponsorship and collaboration
- communication skills
- report writing
The mentor will provide perspectives to broaden the artist’s vision, enhancing his/her decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
The mentorship lasts approximately 6 months. Start and end time will be in line with the performance production schedule.
Who should apply
- Applicants must be practicing artists
- Applicants must have an existing program lined up for public performance before 1 June 2013
- Priority will be given to artists who are handling full-length (45-min or above) and/or publicly-funded productions for the first time
How to apply
Interested parties please submit:
- A resume detailing your production experience
- A copy of the notification letter/ contract from relevant funding parties supporting the availability of your performance funding and venue (if applicable)
- A 300-word summary describing why you would like to join this program and what you expect to learn out of it
- Application Form (download from: www.hkdanceall.org)
Application via email only. Please submit full application to:
Application Deadline: 10-12-2012
Successful candidates will be notified via email by the end of December 2012.