Date: 27 Jan 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 3:00 - 4:00pm
Venue: Tai Hang Tung Stormwater Storage Tank (Tai Hang Tung Recreation Playground, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon)
Language: Cantonese (SI service will not be available)
After the deluge is a homecoming project of artist Kingsley Ng in response to his earlier solo at OzAsia Festival: in close proximity to the desert, Adelaide is among the driest regions in Australia; on the other side of the Earth, Hong Kong is also affected by climate change and heavy rains are becoming more and more frequent. Between these two poles of water imbalance, how do we reflect on the disequilibrium triggered by modern development?
Departing from this macroscopic question, after the deluge brings the audience to a monumental facility built innovatively to tackle urban floods. The work transforms this stronghold into a space for contemplation. Following the cyclical footsteps of a drop of water, the work invites the audience to retrace a path of urban development, and probe into what is often unseen.
Tai Hang Tung Stormwater Storage Tank is normally not open to the public. With great support from the Drainage Services Department, this underground space will unprecedentedly become the locale of a site-specific work of art, and will be open for guided tours during the exhibition period.
Kingsley Ng, the renowned Media Artist will share his passions, creativity experience, works with the ephemeral and intangible, performed in light, sound, space and time.
- After the deluge is a multi-media arts experience. Participants will be guided by docents and enjoy audio tracks in this journey.
- For safety reason, visitors are required to put on personal protective equipment provided at the venue, including helmet and safety vest, before the tour begins.
- Tai Hang Tung Stormwater Storage Tank is an underground structure built for flood prevention and rainwater storage, the environment may be dim and have natural smell of rainwater. Special lightings and fresh air supply units are installed at the venue.
- Participants must be current members/volunteers of HKAAA. Each participant is welcome to bring along a guest.
- Please provide your (and your quest) name, email, contact number, job title and company name.
- Only limited quota available. Registration will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Visitors are advised to wear flat-bottom walking shoes. High-heels will not be permitted to the venue. Please note there is no seating at the venue.
Presented by Hong Kong Arts Development Council
Enquiry: Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association｜Tel: 2877 7268｜Email: firstname.lastname@example.org